Data Center Interest Group Switzerland proudly present Ivan Pepelnjaks Workshop:
Practical Network and Security Automation
|CPE Credits||Earn 4.25 CPE (Continuing Professional Education) for attending this workshop. Please request a confirmation.|
|Location||Hilton Zurich Airport Hotel
There are a lot of free park places available.
|Date of Event||(TBD)|
|Time||1:30 – 5:30 pm|
|Participation Fee||Fr. 645.— (including lunch afterwards)
The attendees will receive full access to electronic version of the workshop materials, as well as related ipSpace.net videos with further technical details.
This vendor-independent workshop provides you
This half-day workshop describes numerous practical network automation solutions built with open-source tools like Ansible and Git.
The solutions described in this workshop were proposed as real-life projects by attendees of the Building Network Automation Solutions online course; most of them are used in production networks.
- Configuration version control, management, review and deployment with Git branches and RANCID or Ansible
- Simple summary reports (example: uptime report)
- Collecting troubleshooting information
- Generating actual network topology from LLDP information
- Validating physical wiring in a data center fabric
- Validating network state before and after a software upgrade
- Compliance checks
- Managing firewall rules or load balancing pools
After attending this workshop you’ll be able to:
- Identify simple automation scenarios
- Decompose the automation challenges into simpler tasks, and define the details needed to implement each task
- Decide whether you should buy a vendor product or build your own solution
- Select a set of tools that you could use to build your own network automation solution
- Being able to judge when and why the automation is (or is not) worth the effort
Practical Network- and Security Automation is a half-day on-site workshop. The workshop can be extended by in-depth technical details or discussions of customer’s specific design challenges.
Who should attend
It doesn’t matter whether you’re working on data center, WAN or service provider networks. It doesn’t matter whether you’re focused on network or security, working on designs or deploying infrastructure or services.
You can automate parts of your work, and we’ll help you figure out what parts that might be and how you can automate them.
About Ivan Pepelnjak
Ivan Pepelnjak, CCIE#1354 Emeritus, is an independent network architect, book author, blogger and regular speaker at industry events like Interop, RIPE and regional NOG meetings.
He has been designing and implementing large-scale service provider and enterprise networks since 1990, and is currently using his expertise to help multinational enterprises and large cloud- and service providers design next-generation data center and cloud infrastructure using Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) approaches and technologies. Ivan is author of several Cisco Press books, and a series of highly successful webinars.
To learn more about him, visit ipspace.net or read his blog at blog.ipspace.net. Ivan Pepelnjak is top rated speaker from Interop Las Vegas 2014 – see http://www.informationweek.com/interop/top-rated-speakers-from-interop-las-vegas-2014/d/d-id/1234877
Cancellations of registration are free of charge until 30 days before. Cancellations received beyond this point will incur 100% of the admission fee. You will get an invoice for the respective amount. In any case, however, a delegate may be sent at no additional costs.